While you’re learning, networking, and meeting new people, do some good at this year’s SMPS Southeastern Regional Conference!
Brand new in 2018, we are hosting a charity event during this year’s SERC conference. This year, we are supporting homeless Veterans across the Southeast with a toiletry drive for Stand Up for Stand Down. This toiletry drive collects travel and sample size toiletries to make ‘comfort bags’ for Veterans across north and central Georgia. These much-needed supplies help the men and women who return from combat with nowhere to go. Last year’s Stand Up for Stand Down drive collected more than 6 tons of toiletry items and also supported victims of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria.
You can participate in three different ways:
- In advance of the conference, purchase on your own or through our Amazon wish list, travel size toiletry items. Needed items include:
- Body wash/soap
- Hand Sanitizer
- Body Powder
- Antiseptic Cream / Lotions
- Feminine Products
Our Amazon wish list can be found here: http://a.co/37lxADK
- Bring to the conference your purchased items. When you arrive, you’ll find our charity table set up in the main exhibition hall. You can bag your items to create a comfort bag for a veteran or just drop your items in the donation box.
- At the conference, write some words of encouragement to go with the comfort bags. Whether you donate items or not, take a few minutes to write a note of encouragement to a veteran who will receive a comfort bag. Thank them for their service and wish them well as they transition to civilian life and continue to heal from their wounds.
- If you prefer to give a monetary donation, you can do so at https://www.uso.org/.